– The job offer sounds too good to be true. If the job pays a lot of money or offers you a lot of benefits, it's probably a scam.
– Be suspicious of any job offer that sounds too good to be true. – Never pay a fee to apply for a job.
– Report the scam to the authorities. – Contact your bank or credit card company to report the fraud.
Virus scams: In these scams, scammers will send you a message that contains a virus. If you open the message, the virus will infect your phone.
– Only download apps from trusted sources. – Do not open messages from unknown senders.
– Keep your phone's operating system up to date. – Use a security app to scan your phone for viruses.
– Open WhatsApp. – Go to Settings. – Tap on Help. – Tap on Report.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC): The FTC is a government agency that protects consumers from fraud. You can file a complaint with the FTC online or by phone.
– Be careful what information you share online. – Only download apps from trusted sources.